Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares
I am always on the look out for great recipes that my daughter will enjoy, and I can indulge with her! I try to squeeze as much healthy protein and fiber in her diet as possible, to keep her energized throughout the day. We are always on the go, so this recipe is ideal. Healthy fat, protein and fiber – the trifecta! AND delicious!
Here is a recipe for homemade bars if you are looking for an alternative to store bought that often contain a lot of additives.
Only 3 ingredients so you know exactly what you and your children are eating!
Peanut butter, banana and oat squares:
(adapted from superhealthykids.com)
Happy snacking in the sunshine!
Cut into bar shapes and wrap in parchment for school
Change up the nut butters for variety
Add pieces of nuts for crunch!
Want more healthy protein snacks ideas?
Ideas for high protein low carb foods?
How much salt per day should your child consume?
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- Back to school – Getting Everyone Ready! - August 20, 2018
- How To Get The Kids Moving - July 8, 2018
- What To Make For Breakfast – Good Smoothie Recipes - March 14, 2018
- Struggling With What To Make For Breakfast? Healthy Breakfast For Kids - March 12, 2018
- What To Make For Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner For Even The Pickiest Kid - February 4, 2018
- Sweet Potato and Spice Muffins - February 3, 2018
- How to Be Friendly to Food Allergies on Halloween - October 17, 2017
- 10 Best Sources of Non-Dairy Calcium - May 19, 2017
- Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins - February 6, 2017
- Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares - June 3, 2016