High Protein Low Carb Foods – Is A Paleo Diet The Right Choice For Your Kids?
Food trends are constantly changing be it: Paleo, vegan, low fat, low carb, raw and alkaline, there are many options to choose from. Adults may be jumping on the band-wagon, but are these food fads safe for children?
The Paleo diet encourages us to eat the way our Paleolithic ancestors did; eliminating sugar, processed foods, grains and legumes and focusing instead on meat, fish, vegetables and fruit.
For those who need a quick primer, the Paleo diet encourages us to eat the way our Paleolithic ancestors did; eliminating sugar, processed foods, grains and legumes and focusing instead on meat, fish, vegetables and fruit. Essentially, meat, seafood, eggs, nuts, seeds, fruit and vegetables are allowed but grains, rice, potatoes and processed foods are off the menu. Essentially it focuses on high protein low carb foods.
I think kids and adults alike eat far too many processed foods, and I worry about its impact on obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancer.
Don’t get me wrong, I think the Paleo diet has many merits. It is low carb and low sugar. This is of huge benefit in our world of fast food meals and processed treats. I think kids and adults alike eat far too many processed foods, and I worry about its impact on obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancer. I am all for healthy foods that look like they did when they were pulled from the ground or from a tree.
For more on my advice regarding the Paleo Diet, check this out.
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- [Dr. Dina News] Can we mix & match vaccines? - June 7, 2021
- Bumkins Waterproof Baby Bib - June 1, 2021
- [Dr. Dina News] Canada surpasses the U.S. for vaccines! - June 1, 2021
- The Best Baby Spoon! Qshare Training Baby Spoon - June 1, 2021
- Teething Baby Remedies – Itzy Ritzy Silicone Teething Mitt - May 31, 2021
- Teething Baby Remedies – BPA Free Natural Organic Freezer Safe Teether Set - May 31, 2021
- How Music to Sleep and Sleeping with White Noise Can Foster Sound Sleep - May 31, 2021
- What is myopia? Can kids get myopia from digital eyestrain? - May 31, 2021
- Internet safety for kids – How to keep kids safe on the internet! - May 31, 2021
- Healthy Recipe for Oatmeal Cookies - May 31, 2021