Welcome to Kidcrew Virtual Medicine
Book your virtual visit quickly and easily.
Speak with a pediatrician.
With the touch of a button.
COVERED BY OHIP IN ONTARIO
Convenient • Safe • Efficient
Virtual Care Information and Resources
Virtual Care Checklist
Virtual Care Checklist
Benefits of Virtual Care Visits
Privacy and Virtual Visits
Virtual Care FAQs
Prescriptions, Testing, and Referrals
Hi, I’m Dr. Dina Kulik
Virtual medicine has transformed how we deliver expert pediatric care.
Virtual care can be used for initial patient consultations, routine medical visits and to review investigation reports, diagnoses, and treatment options.
Virtual visits allow clinicians to check in with patients in an easy and efficient way, without the patient needing to leave their home or workplace. We can ensure illnesses can be caught quickly and treatment is effective, with less delay in care. Virtual care allows patients to avoid the expense, time and burden spent travelling and waiting in doctor’s offices. It allows us to provide care in remote and underserviced communities when access to practitioners can be challenging.
Kidcrew is so excited to offer virtual care to any child age 0-18 years in Ontario and we are eager to help ensure your family stays healthy and happy!
Dr. Dina Kulik, MD, FRCPC, PEM
Dr. Dina is a Pediatrician and Emergency Medicine Doctor. Founder and Director of Kidcrew.
Your Questions About Virtual Care Visits with a Pediatrician
MY PEDIATRICIAN IS UNAVAILABLE, ARE YOU ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS?
We are accepting Virtual Visits 7 days a week with one of our Pediatricians on call. Don’t hesitate to contact a health care provider for any health issue. We are available – with same-day visits – and please understand delaying health care could make the problem worse or lead to further complications.
CAN I SPEAK WITH A PEDIATRICIAN ONLINE?
We have pediatricians available 7 days a week, with same-day visits!
Your child’s health is our highest priority, so please don’t delay, and contact us if you have any concerns or health issues to address, however small. We have a team of pediatricians to help and are not too busy.
Available to any child in Ontario, and covered by OHIP.
We can, when needed, book a same-day virtual visit – Click to book a virtual visit.
CAN A VIRTUAL CARE PHYSICIAN PRESCRIBE MEDICATION?
WHAT CONDITIONS IS VIRTUAL CARE GOOD FOR?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIRTUAL HEALTHCARE AND TELEMEDICINE/TELEHEALTH?
Virtual healthcare is the provision of real-time medical care via a mobile device.
Telemedicine/telehealth refers to the process of diagnosing and treating conditions remotely, while virtual healthcare encompasses not only the connection between patient and physician but also the on-demand access to a broad range of non-clinical or non-physician services.
For example, Kidcrew virtual care enables patients to access mental health care and therapy, in addition to physician services.
WHAT IS A MEDICAL VIRTUAL CARE VISIT?
When possible, a doctor visit by phone or video-call allows for easy and timely access to care, conveniently and safely, whether from home or work, and regardless of the time of day.
Kidcrew has pediatricians on call 7 days a week – weekdays, from 8 am to 8 pm, weekends 9 am to 3 pm. Same-day visits. Click to Book a Virtual Appointment.
WHAT ARE THE PROS OF VIRTUAL HEALTH CARE?
2. Increases efficiency
3. Provides patients better access to healthcare services
4. Healthier, happier patients
5. More convenient and accessible patient care
6. Access from remote areas
7. Can provide care to patients with decreased mobility
8. Helps reduce unnecessary emergency room visits
9. Quicker and more convenient access to a clinician
10. Increased engagement from patients which can encourage healthier behavior by patients.
11. Decreased barrier to care. Patients feel more empowered to seek advice from their healthcare practitioner as it is easier to reach them.
12. Improved prevention. Virtual care can lead to an assessment of early warning signs for illness and can enable follow up appointments to ensure improvement in health status.
13. Better quality of care. Patients can address health concerns quickly with real-time urgent consultations. This patient-centered care increases patient satisfaction.