Canada Day And Evening Snacks Recipes
On this amazing Canada Day, we encourage you to get outside, run around and play with your kids. After all this activity, have a snack!
I bet the kids would love it if you pulled out a special themed treat to enjoy!
Some Canada Day and evening snacks recipes:
- Cut watermelon or sandwiches into maple leaf shapes
- Put some strawberries and marshmallows onto a stick
- Tomatoes and boccincini or mozzarella cheese on a stick
- White chocolate dipped pretzels
- Melt white chocolate, dip half a pretzel in, sprinkle on red sprinkles and lay on baking sheet, refrigerate until set
And to cool off after a day of activity a fun in the sun enjoy a red and white popsicle!
- About 2 heaping cup strawberries or raspberries
- 1 cup vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt
- Using a blender, puree the berries until smooth. Set aside.
- Put the yogurt and the berry purees in small measuring cups with spouts.
- Thin each out a bit with water so they can be poured easily.
- I would suggest starting with only 2 or 3 layers
- Let’s assume we are doing 3: start by pouring berries into each mold to fill up about 1/3 of the way.
- Put the mold in the freezer and freeze till firm (about an hour)
- Pour yogurt into each mold for the next stripe (mold should now be about 2/3 of the way full).
- Depending on type of mold you are using now is the time to insert the sticks. Make sure to get the stick a little bit into the frozen layer so they will stand straight. Put back into the freezer until solid.
- Add the last berry stripe to fill the mold and put back in freezer.
- Once completely frozen solid, you can un-mold your pops.
- Keep the popsicles in the mold until you are ready to serve.
Try raspberry or strawberry, or ever cranberry if you like tart tastes!
Do half berry and half yogurt for an easier popsicle
Swirl berries and yogurt together to have a marble look
Have fun and make with your kids!
Want other easy dessert recipes for kids?
Unsure what to make for breakfast?
- Back to school – Getting Everyone Ready! - September 4, 2017
- 10 Best Sources of Non-Dairy Calcium - May 19, 2017
- Struggling With What To Make For Breakfast? Healthy Breakfast For Kids - March 19, 2017
- Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins - February 6, 2017
- How To Get The Kids Moving - July 21, 2016
- Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares - June 3, 2016
- Baking with Toddlers - March 1, 2016
- Sweet Potato and Spice Muffins - February 3, 2016
- Easy Meals for Toddlers - January 27, 2016
- Keep the Whole Family Active this Winter - November 27, 2015