Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds, without the salt, are a great healthy fall snack and great for putting in fall porridge and homemade granola bars. But Halloween is coming, and you have a great opportunity to get your healthy snack for free!
Aside from carving the pumpkins as a family, the kids have an extra special job. After we use the knives to cut the pumpkins open, the kids love putting their hands in the pumpkin goo to help us pull out the seeds.
Once you have all the pumpkin seeds taken out, wash them and save them! We like to make healthy roasted pumpkin seeds out of them. And as an aside… if your family likes to eat squash, some squash, like acorn, has seeds that are just like pumpkin, too!
To spice thing up, you can make a coating for the roasted pumpkin seeds. These can be mixed in directly with the oil so that when you coat the seeds everything is mixed together.
One of our favourites is a simple mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar, which gives the roasted pumpkin seeds a nice sweet taste. If you are more of a heat person like me, I like to toss them with a little cayenne pepper!
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
Do NOT use this Website for medical emergencies.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- Mental Health In Kids. What Does It Mean For Your Child? - January 12, 2021
- Can we throw away our masks now? - January 12, 2021
- Children’s Mental Health – Signs of Mental Illness - January 3, 2021
- Ingrown Fingernails – Everything Parents Need to Know - December 23, 2020
- When will kids get the vaccine? - December 23, 2020
- What is virtual healthcare? - December 22, 2020
- What’s the COVID vaccine schedule for kids? - December 21, 2020
- 9 Tips to Protect Your Kids’ Mental Health this Holiday Season - December 19, 2020
- The biggest vaccination campaign in world history! - December 14, 2020
- A vaccine is here, ok we’re good now, right? - December 7, 2020