Quinoa Breakfast Muffins
Quinoa Breakfast Muffins – An easy, make ahead breakfast for mornings on the go!
I love how versatile quinoa is. You can use it in just about any type of recipe from breakfast to lunch to dinner and everything in between. I came across this recipe for Mini Ham & Cheese Quinoa Cups and decided to try it out. Here is the recipe with a few alterations that better suited our palettes.
This recipe can easily be frozen and reheated when you’re craving one (which will be all the time). Let them cool then line them on a tray and pop in the freezer. Once they are frozen simply store them in a resealable bag. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds and enjoy their deliciousness. These didn’t last long enough in my house to require freezing them as the three of us just keep eating them! I can definitely say these quinoa breakfast muffins were a huge hit.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture level with the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the cups are golden brown.
- Cool at least 5-10 minutes in the muffin tin before placing on a wire rack to cool.
Store in a resealable bag or container in the fridge. Microwave 10-15 seconds to heat.
This recipe originally featured at The Inspired Home.
Andrea & Holly aim to inspire parents to do-it-yourself, get outdoors and add simple homemade recipes that make family life fun and fresh. Drop by and be inspired over at The Inspired Home.
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
Do NOT use this Website for medical emergencies.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- 7 Tips For Preventing Viral Infections This Fall and Winter - November 10, 2019
- Stomach Flu – When To Be Worried - November 8, 2019
- 5 Ways To Treat Viral Infection Symptoms This Season - November 7, 2019
- What Is Whooping Cough (Pertussis)? What Is The Whooping Cough Sound? - November 3, 2019
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - November 1, 2019
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - October 19, 2019
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - October 4, 2019
- Quinoa Breakfast Muffins - September 25, 2019
- Pimple Remedies for Baby Acne - September 22, 2019
- Back To School – Healthy Snacks For Toddlers and Kids - August 27, 2019