Quinoa Breakfast Muffins – An easy, make ahead breakfast for mornings on the go!
I love how versatile quinoa is. You can use it in just about any type of recipe from breakfast to lunch to dinner and everything in between. I came across this recipe for Mini Ham & Cheese Quinoa Cups and decided to try it out. Here is the recipe with a few alterations that better suited our palettes.
This recipe can easily be frozen and reheated when you’re craving one (which will be all the time). Let them cool then line them on a tray and pop in the freezer. Once they are frozen simply store them in a resealable bag. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds and enjoy their deliciousness. These didn’t last long enough in my house to require freezing them as the three of us just keep eating them! I can definitely say these quinoa breakfast muffins were a huge hit.
Quinoa Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture level with the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the cups are golden brown.
- Cool at least 5-10 minutes in the muffin tin before placing on a wire rack to cool.
Store in a resealable bag or container in the fridge. Microwave 10-15 seconds to heat.
This recipe originally featured at The Inspired Home.
Andrea & Holly aim to inspire parents to do-it-yourself, get outdoors and add simple homemade recipes that make family life fun and fresh. Drop by and be inspired over at The Inspired Home.
Dina is a wife, mother of 4, and adrenaline junky. She loves to share children’s health information from her professional and personal experience. More About Dr Dina.