We have been eagerly anticipating making these pumpkin scones again this fall! It is a tradition of sorts, this recipe comes out of our binder each year and we devour the scones quickly.
Did you know how healthy pumpkins are?
- Pumpkins are a very low calorie vegetable, and they have no saturated fats or cholesterol.
- Pumpkins have tons of fibre, anti-oxidants and vitamins.
- Eating pumpkins can help you control cholesterol and keep your weight in check.
- Pumpkins contains vitamin A, C and E. These vitamins maintain your skin and sight in great condition. They may even protect against oral and lung cancers.
- Pumpkins has a good source of B vitamins like niacin, vitamin B6, folic acid and thiamine. It also contains calcium, potassium, phosphorus and copper.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of fiber and non-unsatrated fatty acids. They are a good source of protein too! They are heart healthy!
Do you need any more reason to make these pumpkin scones? Eat ‘em up this time of year! Your belly and body will thank you!
Dina is a wife, mother of 4, and adrenaline junky. She loves to share children’s health information from her professional and personal experience. More About Dr Dina.