Nut-Free No Bake Chewy Granola Bars
My family is addicted to these granola bars and they are perfect for breakfast, a snack or even as a dessert. These bars are also packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats to help balance blood sugar (a great way to manage hunger, regulate mood and contribute to better sleep).
Made without nuts and with Wowbutter or Sunflower butter, these chewy granola bars are great make-ahead staples for school lunches. But the recipe is versatile enough to make them as you like for home.
If you're intimidated by the idea of making your own granola bars... These nut-free no bake chewy granola bars whip together in a snap!
- 2 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup of seed or soy butter (sunflower seed or soy butter work well, though you can also opt to use a nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly
- Spread into an un-greased 9×11 baking dish.
- Press down evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then slice into squares or rectangles.
- Gluten free? Use gluten free oats!
- Dairy free? Use dairy free chocolate chips!
- Add a few nuts if you want to for home enjoyment.
- Dig in with your hands to ensure the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Once cut, these granola bars freeze well.
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
Do NOT use this Website for medical emergencies.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- ‘Why Cant I Sleep?’ – Electronic Devices May Be To Blame - March 5, 2017
- How To Use A Reward Chart To Improve Your Child’s Sleep - September 26, 2016
- Back To School Or Daycare and Baby Not Sleeping? - September 17, 2016
- Why Is My Preschooler Waking At Night? - March 14, 2016
- Signs that You Need to Drop Your Child’s Nap - December 1, 2015
- Kid-Pleasing Freezer-Friendly Spaghetti - November 25, 2015
- Is Cry It Out Safe for Kids? - November 20, 2015
- 3 Ways to Help Regulate Melatonin in Your Child - October 28, 2015
- Make Ahead Pumpkin Freezer Waffles - October 21, 2015
- Nut-Free No Bake Chewy Granola Bars - September 9, 2015