My family is addicted to these granola bars and they are perfect for breakfast, a snack or even as a dessert. These bars are also packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats to help balance blood sugar (a great way to manage hunger, regulate mood and contribute to better sleep).
Made without nuts and with Wowbutter or Sunflower butter, these chewy granola bars are great make-ahead staples for school lunches. But the recipe is versatile enough to make them as you like for home.
Nut-Free No Bake Chewy Granola Bars
- 2 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup of seed or soy butter (sunflower seed or soy butter work well, though you can also opt to use a nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly
- Spread into an un-greased 9×11 baking dish.
- Press down evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then slice into squares or rectangles.
- Gluten free? Use gluten free oats!
- Dairy free? Use dairy free chocolate chips!
- Add a few nuts if you want to for home enjoyment.
- Dig in with your hands to ensure the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Once cut, these granola bars freeze well.
Rebecca is an infant and child sleep consultant and founder of The Sugar Plum Sleep Co. She is an only child (because she never slept as an infant), a mother of two young boys and an HGTV addict.