Need Breakfast Ideas for Toddlers?
A good breakfast can seem impossible on some busy mornings.
With so many things to do and not enough time, a bowl of cereal or oatmeal seems like the best option for a quick breakfast – but they often end up being unhealthy options.
It’s never too early to introduce balanced eating habits to your toddler.
This post will help you create healthy breakfast ideas for toddlers, so they can start the day right and stay active. Here are some suggestions on what ingredients you’ll need, along with easy-to-follow instructions on how to make them. Enjoy!
Try Healthy Breakfast Burritos for Toddlers
Burritos are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast that even your picky eater will enjoy.
They’re wrapped up, which is easier to hold, as well as keeping things clean with the messiest toddlers on your hands.
You can also make them in advance and heat them when you need them in the morning. That way, you save time by not having to cook an entire meal or clean-up after cooking something complex like eggs and bacon – all while still enjoying tasty burrito goodness!
Breakfast burritos are the perfect way to get a filling, healthy breakfast that will keep you going all morning. They are so diverse.
There are So Many Different Variations From Classics Like:
- The Denver Scramble Breakfast Burrito
- The Egg & Cheese Breakfast Burrito
- The Spinach and Tomato Breakfast Burrito
- The Fajita Breakfast Burrito
- and so much more……
The Fajita Breakfast Burrito Ingredients
Pico de gallo:
- One large tomato, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped (omit if your kids don’t like them)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 6-inch corn tortillas
- ½ cup cheese (we like Colby)
- ½ cup veg (we like bell pepper, tomatoes, and olives, but you can pick your favorites)
- 4 eggs
1. Prepare the pico de gallo – mix those ingredients together!
2. Make the egg mixture
3. Scramble the eggs
4. Sauté the vegetables you picked in a pan lightly coated with cooking spray
5. Move veg to a bowl
6. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray
7. Cook the eggs and veg together, stirring frequently
8. Remove egg mixture from heat and distribute over the corn tortillas
9. Add cheese on top, and fold
Parfaits for a Healthy Toddler Breakfast Ideas
Parfaits are the perfect meal for toddlers because they’re a great way to get that daily fruit intake.
Parfaits can be pre-made and stored in the fridge, making it easy to grab and go no matter how busy your morning is. These snacks also only require three ingredients which make them easy and cost-effective. Healthy toddler breakfasts don’t contain too much sugar, so be sure not to add additional sugar to the parfait, or it will define the point of a healthy breakfast.
Parfaits are a great toddler breakfast Idea.
Parfaits offer many options and can be customized according to your taste preference – whether it’s peanut butter or maple syrup, you’ll find something that suits your toddlers’ needs.
Healthy Parfait Breakfast Meal Ideas:
- The Berry Parfait
- The Peanut Butter and Banana Parfait
- The Maple Syrup, Apple, and Walnut Parfait
- The Honey Sweet Potato Parfait
- and so much more…..
The Honey Sweet Potato Parfait
- 1/4 Cup Baked Sweet Potato, cubed small
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Granola
1. Bake a Sweet Potato until it is semi-soft
2. Cool the baked sweet potato and dice it into small cubes
3. Plain Greek yogurt is the base (Cottage Cheese can also be used)
4. The baked sweet potato bite sizes cubes come next
5. Drizzle honey over the yogurt and sweet potato
6. Finish by topping it off with granola
Egg Mini Muffin Easy Toddler Breakfast Ideas
Egg Mini muffins are delicious, nutritious, and easy to grab for a quick breakfast. They can be made with various ingredients such as spinach, cheese, or ham that will satisfy your toddler’s appetite when they’re in the mood for something different.
This quick breakfast idea is one of the most popular kid-friendly meals because it can be hand-held and contains tasty ingredients.
One of the best features of the egg mini is that it can be modified freely; just toss in the desired ingredients, fill the mini muffin tin almost to the top with egg, and wait until your delicious mini muffins are created.
Egg Mini Muffin Ideas:
- Turkey Bacon and Tomato
- Peppers, Onions, and Cheese
- Feta and Spinach
- Egg White, Cream Cheese, Chicken Sausage and Herbs
- and so much more…..
Egg White, Cream Cheese, Chicken Sausage and Herbs
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 Chicken Sausages, cubed
- 2 Springs of Each Herb ( parsley and chive)
- 4 Scrambled Egg whites
- 1 Mini Muffin Tin
(cupcake liners are optional)
1. Pre Heat the oven to 325
2. Place 2-3 cream cheese cubes in each tin
3. Place 2-3 chicken sausage cubes in each tin
4. Place a pinch of herbs in each tin
5. Fill almost full, leave a little space at the top
6. Bake 5-7 Minutes
Put these techniques to use for a healthy, stress-free morning routine. Then, you’ll be able to get more done and make your toddler happy at the same time!
Need kids’ school lunch ideas?
Easy dessert recipes for kids?
Q: What are some quick breakfast ideas for children?
A: As parents, we don’t always have the energy to whip up an elaborate breakfast for our children. Thankfully, there are countless quick and easy breakfast ideas for toddlers and children.
Here are Some Toddler Meal Ideas:
- Smoothie bowl.
- Chocolate chip pancakes.
- Egg in a hole.
- Scrambled eggs with veggies.
- Overnight oats.
- Breakfast sandwich.
- Bagel with cream cheese, tomato, and cucumber.
- French toast sticks.
- Peanut butter toast with honey and bananas.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Cereal with milk and fruit.
Q: What are Some Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Children?
A: Healthy breakfast ideas are widely available, and they will support a well-balanced diet, which is essential for toddlers and children.
Here are Some of the Best Healthy Breakfast Ideas Children Will Love:
- Breakfast burritos.
- Banana bread.
- Granola and yogurt.
- Scrambled eggs.
- Banana pancakes.
- Fruit cocktail.
- Fruit salad.
- Breakfast parfait.
- Hardboiled eggs.
- Applesauce with cinnamon.
Q: What are some easy breakfast recipes for children?
A: Easy breakfast recipes are essential when you’re not terribly gifted in the kitchen or don’t have much time to spare in the mornings.
These are Some of the Best Options that will make your Children Happy and Won’t Take up More Than 15 Minutes:
- Yogurt, granola, and fruit.
- Granola bar and smoothie.
- Scrambled egg and toast.
- Scrambled egg with sausage.
- Avocado toast.
- French toast.
- Wraps with egg, veggies, and sausage.
Q: What should you feed your toddler for breakfast?
A: Toddlers can be picky eaters, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day for them. It’s not easy to say what they will be willing to eat during the day, so you must get a substantial breakfast in their bellies to ensure they’re being nourished.
Toddlers are all different as well, so they don’t all enjoy the same things. Therefore, you must cater to their taste buds to ensure they will eat what you provide for breakfast. So far, we have mentioned some of the best breakfast ideas for toddlers and children.
The safest options are cereal and milk, oatmeal, fruits, breakfast sausage, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, toast with peanut butter, jelly, or whatever else they enjoy, crackers, string cheese, etc. smoothies, applesauce, granola, and more.
You can get creative with the foods they like the most, and you’ll have a successful breakfast experience with your toddler.
Q: What Elements Make a Good Breakfast for Toddlers?
A: A balanced breakfast for toddlers and children includes a few elements. For a healthy breakfast, you need nutrient-dense foods. You also need a good source of protein, such as nuts, yogurt, eggs, and cheeses. Fiber is also a must, so veggies, fruits, and whole grains should be present.
Dina is a wife, mother of 4, and adrenaline junky. She loves to share children’s health information from her professional and personal experience. More About Dr Dina.