Healthy Breakfast For Kids – Oatmeal Muffin Cups
Struggling with what to make for breakfast? After positive feedback on the last post, I am back again with some more breakfast ideas for you to try with your family. Again, the focus is on preparation and keeping it simple! These provide a quick and healthy breakfast for kids.
Oatmeal Muffin Cups
This one is adapted from sugarfreemom.com. I like that they can either be eaten as grab and go muffins or they can be mixed with a bit of milk and warmed up to become a hearty bowl of oatmeal. Once made you can throw them in the freezer so you are all set to go!
- (makes 12 )
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Finally pour in milk and combine.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
- Put on the toppings
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Add Toppings!
- Fruit like blueberries, strawberries, and mango add fiber
- Chocolate chips or coconut flakes add sweetness
- Let the kids decide what toppings they want – they’ll be more likely to eat it!
- Bake and freeze for an easy breakfast on the go
- Like them more moist? Add pureed fruit to the mix.
- Easy Meals for Toddlers - December 27, 2017
- Sweet Potato and Spice Muffins - December 12, 2017
- How to Be Friendly to Food Allergies on Halloween - October 17, 2017
- Back to school – Getting Everyone Ready! - September 4, 2017
- 10 Best Sources of Non-Dairy Calcium - May 19, 2017
- Struggling With What To Make For Breakfast? Healthy Breakfast For Kids - March 19, 2017
- Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins - February 6, 2017
- How To Get The Kids Moving - July 21, 2016
- Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares - June 3, 2016
- Baking with Toddlers - March 1, 2016