Kid Pleasing Spaghetti
- 4 gloves of garlic
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head of celery (washed, trimmed and diced)
- 1 small zucchini (washed, trimmed and diced)
- 2 cups of mushrooms (washed and diced)
- 2 jars of plain tomato sauce
- Heat oil in large pot over low heat and add minced garlic. Cook until translucent. Add ground beef and increase heat level to medium. Cook until completely browned. Season with coriander, salt and pepper and add both jars of prepared tomato sauce. Allow to simmer.
- Sauté celery and mushroom in water over medium heat until cooked through. Add zucchini and sauté together for 3-5 minutes. Add vegetables to the sauce and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Ladle sauce onto your choice of pasta and serve with shredded cheese. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- For extra nutrients, add left over juicer pulp . Carrots, spinach and kale pulp work well in this sauce.
- Ladle unused sauce into mason jars (being careful to leave 1 inch of headspace) and freeze.
- Use chicken stock instead of water to cook the veggies for added flavour.
Rebecca is an infant and child sleep consultant and founder of The Sugar Plum Sleep Co. She is an only child (because she never slept as an infant), a mother of two young boys and an HGTV addict.