Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Cookies!
This healthy recipe for oatmeal cookies is an incredible kids’ dessert!
Healthy oatmeal cookies are made with fiber-rich oats, coconut sugar, and oil instead of butter. One cookie has about 115 calories! Naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
These healthy oatmeal cookies are still packed with flavor, so much that you won’t resist them. The perfect blend of oats and raisins combined in a sweet cinnamon batter makes for the best cookie ever.
- 2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats (which are gluten-free and high in fiber).
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon -baking soda,
- 1/2 teaspoon -baking powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon-nutmeg
- T.T-sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons-applesauce instead of eggs for moisture.
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2-by egg whites
- 1/2 cup-if desired, add dark chocolate chips or your favorite mix-ins such as raisins
Instructions- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with the mixer set on medium speed, beat oil, apple sauce, sugar, egg whites vanilla until fluffy and smooth.
- Slowly beat in oat mixture, then lightly stir in raisins by hand.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop cookies about 2 inches apart to look like rounded tablespoonfuls.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
|Amount Per Serving:|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4||6.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19 g.||6.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2 g.||4%|
|Sugars 12 g.|
|Protein 3 g.|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dr. Dina Kulik
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute steel-cut oats for quick oats?
Steel-cut oats cannot be used as a substitute for rolled or quick-cooking oatmeal in crumbles and crisps.
The result would be too gritty if you use the steel-cut oats raw, whereas the results will taste mushy if cooked using this kind of oats.
Can I substitute maple syrup for honey?
Maple syrup is great for baking! It works well in many of our favorite recipes.
Maple Syrup can be used as a 1-for-1 substitute with honey, which means you’re getting the same sweetness without changing anything about your recipe or meal prep process.
Can I use AP flour instead of whole wheat flour?
Whole wheat flour may be substituted for all-purpose in most recipes.
To replace one-third of the amount called for, use ⅓ cup whole wheat and 2/3 cup all-purpose instead.
Can I add baking powder?
You can add baking powder. It may lead to a more elevated cookie. You can add chocolate chips too! That’s the great thing about cooking. Just be aware the results may vary if you alter the recipe.
Dina is a wife, mother of 4, and adrenaline junky. She loves to share children’s health information from her professional and personal experience. More About Dr Dina.