Carrot and Pear Soup
Our boys love carrots, and even as little babies this was one of their favourite vegetables. That’s no surprise. This sweet root vegetable tends to be the favourite for a lot of babies, and you can feel good about letting them snack on them all year round.
So it was also no surprise when we made this soup for the first time, our kids couldn’t get enough!
Did you know that carrots are an exception to the “vegetables are healthier eaten raw” rule? Cooking the carrots can allow your body access to as much as 10x the beta carotene antioxidant that it would get when you snack on raw. Just one more reason to make this easy and delicious carrot and pear soup!
What you’ll need:
And here’s another fun fact about carrots: did your parents ever tell you that carrots should be eaten because it helps you with your night vision? That’s actually an urban legend based on historical propaganda, and it’s persisted to this day.
During World War II, while Germany was attacking England, the British began to spread a rumor that it was a diet high in carrots that enabled their soldiers to see so well in the dark and able to shoot down the enemy’s aircraft. What they were trying to do was conceal the British’s invention of radar technology from Germany.
While this carrot and pear soup won’t help your kids see in the dark, it is a healthy and high-fiber meal!
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
Do NOT use this Website for medical emergencies.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- Ten Steps To Keep COVID-19 Out Of Your Home - April 6, 2020
- How to speak with your kids about Coronavirus Covid-19 - March 12, 2020
- Coronavirus Covid-19 Hysteria Is Now Spreading - March 4, 2020
- Nightmares and Night Terrors in Children - March 1, 2020
- What Is Diarrhea - February 27, 2020
- Coronavirus Covid-19 is Spreading - February 26, 2020
- Newborn Rashes and Baby Skin Conditions - February 18, 2020
- Roasted Chick Pea Poppers – Healthy Protein Snacks - January 27, 2020
- Coronavirus in Toronto – Should We be Worried? - January 23, 2020
- What Do Puffers Do? The Definition of Asthma, and Treatment In Kids - January 19, 2020