8 Tips for Swimming Safety
Swiming safety for kids is imperative for any time of year.
Here are some simple and important swimming safety tips to ensure your kids stay safe this summer in the water.
Swimming Safety – Top 10
1. Never let your child swim alone!
2. Ensure home pools are gated and have automatic safety locks to prevent curious children from sneaking in
3. Sun safety is key when in water. Water actually reflects sun back and can lead to sun damage quickly.
4. Start your child in a learn-to-swim program when he or she is young. This will ensure confidence in the water from an early age.
5. At the beach ensure a lifeguard is nearby and watching for dangerous waters
6. Ensure your children wear a well-fitted lifejacket when on open water
7. When on a boat ensure the driver is trained, certified and has had ZERO alcohol or drugs that may impair judgment.
8. Don’t let your child dive in areas that may be too shallow. Depth should be assessed by an adult first.
See more water safety tips
- How To Discipline A Toddler – Do Timeouts Work? - July 8, 2017
- Healthy Drinks For Kids – Does Juice Count? - June 25, 2017
- How to Find the Best Doctors for Your Family - June 22, 2017
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017
- Tricks To Manage Your Child’s Next Cold - January 17, 2017
- Stye In Eye? What Is A Stye Anyway? - January 14, 2017
- Kidney And Bladder Infection In Kids – Signs & Symptoms - January 13, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - January 9, 2017
- How To Reduce A Fever And Maintain Normal Baby Temperature Safely - January 7, 2017