Our Blueberry Chia Muffins Obsession
Yes, my household is currently obsessed with these muffins!!
They are delicious and made with so many healthy ingredients. They are also dairy free, nut free (school safe!), and gluten free for those with allergies and sensitivities.
What’s in blueberry chai muffins that makes them so healthy?
This gluten free flour is high in fiber – just 1 tbsp. has about 5 grams.
A ½ cup serving of coconut flour has 19 grams of protein and 9 grams of healthy fats. It is also a low glycemic food so will help maintain a healthy blood sugar level. These are just a few of the benefits of this amazing flour.
Chia seeds are a superfood! They are high in fiber – the 4 tbsp. of chia seeds in these muffins have almost 15 grams of soluble fiber. They are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is anti-inflammatory and 2 tbsp. of chia seeds contain 18% of the RDA for calcium. They have also been known to help boost energy and metabolism.
Blueberries are among the most nutrient dense berries – high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and Manganese. They are one of the highest antioxidant foods and have been linked to heart health and anti-aging.
These muffins are quick to make and something you can feel good about feeding to the whole family!
Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins
Recipe makes 12 muffins
1 cup coconut flour
½ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
½ cup + 2 tbsp. raw honey
1 cup coconut milk
4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
4 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. chia seeds
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
-preheat oven to 350°F
-sift dry ingredients together (except chia seeds)
-in a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients
-combine wet into dry ingredients then blend in the chia seeds
-fold in blueberries and pour batter into lined or greased muffin tins
-bake for 25 minutes of until golden brown
-remove from tins and cool on a rack immediately
- What To Make For Breakfast? Plan In Advance! - February 8, 2018
- Easy Meals for Toddlers - December 27, 2017
- Sweet Potato and Spice Muffins - December 12, 2017
- How to Be Friendly to Food Allergies on Halloween - October 17, 2017
- Back to school – Getting Everyone Ready! - September 4, 2017
- 10 Best Sources of Non-Dairy Calcium - May 19, 2017
- Struggling With What To Make For Breakfast? Healthy Breakfast For Kids - March 19, 2017
- Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins - February 6, 2017
- How To Get The Kids Moving - July 21, 2016
- Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares - June 3, 2016