8 Simple Swimming Safety Tips
8 Tips for Swimming Safety
Swiming safety for kids is imperative for any time of year.
Here are some simple and important swimming safety tips to ensure your kids stay safe this summer in the water.
Swimming Safety – Top 10
1. Never let your child swim alone!
2. Ensure home pools are gated and have automatic safety locks to prevent curious children from sneaking in
3. Sun safety is key when in water. Water actually reflects sun back and can lead to sun damage quickly.
4. Start your child in a learn-to-swim program when he or she is young. This will ensure confidence in the water from an early age.
5. At the beach ensure a lifeguard is nearby and watching for dangerous waters
6. Ensure your children wear a well-fitted lifejacket when on open water
7. When on a boat ensure the driver is trained, certified and has had ZERO alcohol or drugs that may impair judgment.
8. Don’t let your child dive in areas that may be too shallow. Depth should be assessed by an adult first.
See more water safety tips
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
Do NOT use this Website for medical emergencies.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- 7 Tips For Preventing Viral Infections This Fall and Winter - November 10, 2019
- Stomach Flu – When To Be Worried - November 8, 2019
- 5 Ways To Treat Viral Infection Symptoms This Season - November 7, 2019
- What Is Whooping Cough (Pertussis)? What Is The Whooping Cough Sound? - November 3, 2019
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - November 1, 2019
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - October 19, 2019
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - October 4, 2019
- Quinoa Breakfast Muffins - September 25, 2019
- Pimple Remedies for Baby Acne - September 22, 2019
- Back To School – Healthy Snacks For Toddlers and Kids - August 27, 2019