8 Simple Swimming Safety Tips
8 Tips for Swimming Safety
Swiming safety for kids is imperative for any time of year.
Here are some simple and important swimming safety tips to ensure your kids stay safe this summer in the water.
Swimming Safety – Top 10
1. Never let your child swim alone!
2. Ensure home pools are gated and have automatic safety locks to prevent curious children from sneaking in
3. Sun safety is key when in water. Water actually reflects sun back and can lead to sun damage quickly.
4. Start your child in a learn-to-swim program when he or she is young. This will ensure confidence in the water from an early age.
5. At the beach ensure a lifeguard is nearby and watching for dangerous waters
6. Ensure your children wear a well-fitted lifejacket when on open water
7. When on a boat ensure the driver is trained, certified and has had ZERO alcohol or drugs that may impair judgment.
8. Don’t let your child dive in areas that may be too shallow. Depth should be assessed by an adult first.
See more water safety tips
The general information provided on the Website is for informational purposes and is not medical advice.
If you have a medical emergency, call a physician or qualified healthcare provider, or CALL 911 immediately. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this Website. Always seek the advice of your physician or other licensed and qualified health provider in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
- [Dr. Dina News] The Vaccine Distribution Plan Unveiled - February 24, 2021
- How To Boost your Immune System in 6 Easy Steps - February 16, 2021
- [Dr. Dina News] “Variants of Concern” and why these matter! - February 16, 2021
- Nightmares and Night Terrors in Children - February 16, 2021
- What temperature is a fever? Is high fever dangerous for a baby? - February 13, 2021
- [Dr. Dina News] Back to school while caution reigns supreme! - February 9, 2021
- Newborn Baby Rash 101 - February 3, 2021
- [Dr. Dina News] Travel bans and finally some good news! - February 2, 2021
- What should you do if your child doesn’t want to eat meat? - January 25, 2021
- [Dr. Dina News] How is the vaccine working? - January 25, 2021