Five Reasons to Do-Re-Mi with Baby – Why Baby Music Is So Important
Do you love music? If the answer is yes, I urge you to belt out your favourite tune. It’s not only good for your mood, but there are numerous advantages of baby music for your children too!
As a new mom, I wanted to expose my baby to many of the things I love in his first year – books and music just to name a few. There are endless baby programs and classes to choose from, yet I decided to seek out ones that involve song. My hope: to instil a life-long love of music, help in his growth and development, and most importantly – have a lot of fun together!
There are endless benefits for babies to introduce them to music at a young age. Whether it is nursery rhymes for babies or baby sleep music, music is so great for our children. For some back-up, I decided to consult the experts who have been rocking it out with bambinos for years. Lisa Sonshine and Brock Burford – known by their adoring fans as Sonshine & Broccoli – have provided their summary in song. Check out this VLOG. I promise you’ll be swaying along to the catchy tunes in no time.
Here is one of our baby music videos!
For all you visual learners out there, here is Sonshine & Broccoli’s short-list of reasons to add music to the baby mix:
Whether you go to a mommy and baby group or share your favorite music with your child at home, it’s a special bonding time between parent and child.
Through repetition in song, music helps build cognitive skills and the development of memory.
While bobbing along to the beats, music helps boost self-esteem and allows children to gain confidence.
Soothing and Energizing
Music can be very soothing to babies. Lullabies and soft music can calm them, while rock and roll rhythms can make them feel excited.
And it’s fun
Likely the most important reason of all. Seeing our little ones smiling and happy makes the experience memorable and worthwhile for all!
Expose your child to music
Bond with your child through music
Rock out, like no one is watching! (your baby won’t tell anyone!)
Speaking of speech – how can you foster your child’s speech development?
Check out our developmental milestones chart to see where your child is at.
Want some ideas for outside games for kids?
- Schoolbag Cleaning Tips for Back To School - August 29, 2017
- Five Reasons to Do-Re-Mi with Baby – Why Baby Music Is So Important - July 11, 2017
- Educational Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day - May 5, 2016
- Five Great Games to Entertain Kids this Winter Break - December 23, 2015
- Five Financial Games to Play to Raise Savvy Kids - November 26, 2015
- Three Must-Read Books for Bullying Awareness Week - November 19, 2015
- 10 Tips for a Stress-Free Homework Routine - November 5, 2015
- ADHD Awareness: Tips for Building School Communication - October 21, 2015
- Celebrate Dad with Children’s Books This Father’s Day - June 19, 2015
- Places For Kids To Play – Eat, PLAY, Love At A Stay ‘N Play Café - May 1, 2015