Vacationing is a great time to hang out with your kids, but if you are like us, with young kids, you need bed rails to keep your kids from falling out of bed. Pillows are an option, although they tend to get flat and the kids can easily roll over them. If our kids feel safe and secure in bed, they tend to stay there, and therefore we all get sleep! After doing some online searching, I came across the Wally Inflatable Bed Rail, by The Shrunks. I knew I needed something to keep the boys from tumbling out of bed so rather than bring their bed rails and take up a ton of room, I ordered 2 sets.
When we arrived and started setting up, I was amazed at how fast they could be inflated. Each rail comes with a pump, but Andrew is full of hot air and inflated it in under a minute each. The kids enjoyed ‘filling them up’ too. They quickly slid under the fitted sheet of a single bed, and a queen bed. The really nice thing I liked about them was the fact they stayed in place really well. Andrew had to try them out just to make sure they would work and even him rolling from one side to the other like they were the walls of a half-pipe, they stayed in place.
As for the job, they worked perfectly; the kids were kept safe and sound while they slept. They felt cozy and often lay right up against them, like we were lying next to them. They are soft and squishy like a pillow which they love. And when we were done for the week, it took mere seconds to squeeze out the air, roll them up and throw them in our bags. Even with 4 packed in, it only took up the size of a pair of my husband jeans.
When we came back home, we went to put on Dylan’s old metal rails and he had us put them away. He prefers the Shrunks ones, which have now found a permanent place on his bed at home. They have remained perfectly inflated and in place since August. They have since accompanied us on a trip to Ottawa and to another friend’s cottage. They are so simple, I wish I created them!
All in all these were a great purchase, and I think an essential safety tool all parents should consider when travelling with little ones. Which is why we’re giving a set away!
Contest details: Open to the US & Canada, excluding Quebec. Winner will receive product shipped by mail from The Shrunks.
Disclaimer: The Shrunks provided the prize for this giveaway post.
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017
- Tricks To Manage Your Child’s Next Cold - January 17, 2017
- Stye In Eye? What Is A Stye Anyway? - January 14, 2017
- Kidney And Bladder Infection In Kids – Signs & Symptoms - January 13, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - January 9, 2017
- How To Reduce A Fever And Maintain Normal Baby Temperature Safely - January 7, 2017
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - January 6, 2017
- 5 Ways To Treat Viral Infection Symptoms This Season - December 14, 2016
- Food To Avoid When Pregnant – Even That Yummy Cookie Dough! - December 13, 2016