Park packing essentials
While at the park with my kids today, my younger son asked me for water. I had no water packed. In fact I didn’t even bring a bag with me. My husband walked with one of our kids; me with the other. And we brought NOTHING with us – big mistake. We ended up having to leave the fun prematurely to head home for water, a diaper change and wipes. I now have a proper ‘for trips to the park’ bag all ready for outdoor fun!
Here are my park packing must haves;
- Diapers and/or clean underwear
- Cell phone
- Healthy snacks – dried fruit and granola bars are our favorites as they pack small and are nutrient rich
- Water for everyone
- Small plastic trash bags
- A few small sand toys
- A ball for impromptu soccer or catch
- Small blanket for snack/rest time
- Camera – your phone may do
Dina is a wife, mother of 4, and adrenaline junky. She loves to share children’s health information from her professional and personal experience. More About Dr Dina.