8 Tips for Keeping Your Child Cool In The Car Seat
Parents are often worried about children being too hot in the car seat. Here are a few ways to keep cool and safe.
- Point the air vents to the ceiling, this will allow the cool air to bounce down on the child.
- The Noggle is a great “Tech Approved” device that delivers cool air right to the child.
- Cover the car seat with a blanket when NOT in use, it will prevent the sun from making it hot.
- Open opposite front and back windows to create a cross breeze.
- Ice packs and spray bottles are fun and cooling.
- Cling on window shades are safe and block out the sun.
- Remember to always touch the buckles to be sure they are not hot when strapping in the child. Pull up collars and pull down shorts/skirt/dress fabric, so the car seat straps won’t rub against bare skin.
- Never leave children unattended in vehicles and place an object like a cell phone, wallet, or purse in the front seat so a child is never forgotten.
Read my article on How To Find The Safest Car Seats For Your Infant.