Roasted Chick Pea Poppers – Healthy Protein Snacks
What sometimes starts off as a mistake can end in something amazing! Today while I was preparing some chickpeas for the baby, I accidentally left them too long and they got a bit overdone. I am sure Baby J, who is now only 4 months old, would not appreciate ‘slightly burned’ food quite yet. So, I saved them and made a great snack for the older boys. I call them Roasted Chick Pea Poppers, great healthy protein snacks. They are quite addictive, but so healthy!
Recipe Below The Video
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas from dried beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Let them dry on a towel until most of the excess moisture is absorbed.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until crunchy
- Immediately (while beans are still hot), toss with olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and honey.
- Caramelize in the over for another 10 min.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serve warm or keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days
Use wash and drained canned beans instead of dried
Substitute agave for honey
Like it spicy – add cayenne and red pepper flakes
Like it sweeter – add brown sugar instead of honey
Want to make homemade baby food too?
How about yummy desserts?
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017
- Tricks To Manage Your Child’s Next Cold - January 17, 2017
- Stye In Eye? What Is A Stye Anyway? - January 14, 2017
- Kidney And Bladder Infection In Kids – Signs & Symptoms - January 13, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - January 9, 2017
- How To Reduce A Fever And Maintain Normal Baby Temperature Safely - January 7, 2017
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - January 6, 2017
- 5 Ways To Treat Viral Infection Symptoms This Season - December 14, 2016
- Food To Avoid When Pregnant – Even That Yummy Cookie Dough! - December 13, 2016