Roasted Chick Pea Poppers – Healthy Protein Snacks
What sometimes starts off as a mistake can end in something amazing! Today while I was preparing some chickpeas for the baby, I accidentally left them too long and they got a bit overdone. I am sure Baby J, who is now only 4 months old, would not appreciate ‘slightly burned’ food quite yet. So, I saved them and made a great snack for the older boys. I call them Roasted Chick Pea Poppers, great healthy protein snacks. They are quite addictive, but so healthy!
Recipe Below The Video
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas from dried beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Let them dry on a towel until most of the excess moisture is absorbed.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until crunchy
- Immediately (while beans are still hot), toss with olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and honey.
- Caramelize in the over for another 10 min.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serve warm or keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days
Use wash and drained canned beans instead of dried
Substitute agave for honey
Like it spicy – add cayenne and red pepper flakes
Like it sweeter – add brown sugar instead of honey
Want to make homemade baby food too?
How about yummy desserts?
- 6 Ways To Get Your Kids Excited for Back To School - September 3, 2017
- Backpacks for Back To School – How To Pick The Best One - August 31, 2017
- Garden Safety for Toddlers - July 25, 2017
- Splinter Removal Made Easy - July 22, 2017
- Inner Ear Problems? From Ear Wax? - July 21, 2017
- How To Discipline A Toddler – Do Timeouts Work? - July 8, 2017
- Healthy Drinks For Kids – Does Juice Count? - June 25, 2017
- How to Find the Best Doctors for Your Family - June 22, 2017
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017