8 Tips to Curb Mommy itis (and Get a Moment to Yourself)
I have two toddlers, a three-year-old and an almost two-year-old. I am also pregnant. Many of you have been there. I wish I were the kind of woman who loved being pregnant. But I don’t. I love kids, and want to have more of them. Unfortunately this means I have to be pregnant for 9 months, much to my chagrin.
My sweet, independent toddler now requires ‘mommy’ when he is sad, or tired, or hurt and is difficult to sooth by anybody else
My almost two-year-old started this about a month ago. My sweet, independent toddler now requires ‘mommy’ when he is sad, or tired, or hurt and is difficult to sooth by anybody else. He cries for me if I am around and begs to be picked up. He has no separation anxiety and no stranger anxiety at all. But when he knows I’m around, I am his choice, 100 per cent of the time. My shoulders are feeling it. My thumbs are feeling it. He isn’t a small boy.
When he knows I’m around, I am his choice, 100 per cent of the time
This is of course a completely normal stage of toddler development. And I have to admit that I love the cuddles and adoration I receive from him. But it is tiring. Sometimes after a long day of work I would appreciate him calling for daddy.
So what works? How do we tame this annoying behaviour? Here are a few tips: Read the full article here.
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017
- Tricks To Manage Your Child’s Next Cold - January 17, 2017
- Stye In Eye? What Is A Stye Anyway? - January 14, 2017
- Kidney And Bladder Infection In Kids – Signs & Symptoms - January 13, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - January 9, 2017
- How To Reduce A Fever And Maintain Normal Baby Temperature Safely - January 7, 2017
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - January 6, 2017
- 5 Ways To Treat Viral Infection Symptoms This Season - December 14, 2016
- Food To Avoid When Pregnant – Even That Yummy Cookie Dough! - December 13, 2016