Healthy Protein Snacks – Protein Power Balls
Want a healthy, protein-filled snack on the go? Something your kids will love too? Look no further – these chewy, sweet treats combine a protein-rich trio of pumpkin, hemp and sunflower seeds, but our kids think they are all chocolate! One of our favourite healthy protein snacks!
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates
- ½ cup coconut flour (or ¾ cup rolled oats)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Process the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut flour, until fine and crumbly.
- Add the dates and process slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture forms a ball (may take a few minutes)
- Roll about 1tsp into balls
Mix up the seeds for variety
Try nuts instead, if you don’t have allergies
Try figs instead of dates, or even apricots
Your kids can help too!
What more healthy protein recipes?
- 6 Ways To Get Your Kids Excited for Back To School - September 3, 2017
- Backpacks for Back To School – How To Pick The Best One - August 31, 2017
- Garden Safety for Toddlers - July 25, 2017
- Splinter Removal Made Easy - July 22, 2017
- Inner Ear Problems? From Ear Wax? - July 21, 2017
- How To Discipline A Toddler – Do Timeouts Work? - July 8, 2017
- Healthy Drinks For Kids – Does Juice Count? - June 25, 2017
- How to Find the Best Doctors for Your Family - June 22, 2017
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017