Healthy Protein Snacks – Protein Power Balls
Want a healthy, protein-filled snack on the go? Something your kids will love too? Look no further – these chewy, sweet treats combine a protein-rich trio of pumpkin, hemp and sunflower seeds, but our kids think they are all chocolate! One of our favourite healthy protein snacks!
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates
- ½ cup coconut flour (or ¾ cup rolled oats)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Process the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut flour, until fine and crumbly.
- Add the dates and process slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture forms a ball (may take a few minutes)
- Roll about 1tsp into balls
Mix up the seeds for variety
Try nuts instead, if you don’t have allergies
Try figs instead of dates, or even apricots
Your kids can help too!
What more healthy protein recipes?
- What Is Whooping Cough (Pertussis)? What Is The Whooping Cough Sound? - February 7, 2018
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - December 18, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - November 11, 2017
- How To Prevent Viral Infection Symptoms This Fall and Winter - November 8, 2017
- Child and Infant Ear Infections - November 7, 2017
- Flu Shot or Nasal Spray – Which to Choose? - November 4, 2017
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - November 2, 2017
- Febrile Seizures in Children – Not As Scary As You Think - November 1, 2017
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - October 22, 2017
- ‘13’ Halloween Safety Tips – The Quick and Dirty - October 15, 2017