Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares
I am always on the look out for great recipes that my daughter will enjoy, and I can indulge with her! I try to squeeze as much healthy protein and fiber in her diet as possible, to keep her energized throughout the day. We are always on the go, so this recipe is ideal. Healthy fat, protein and fiber – the trifecta! AND delicious!
Here is a recipe for homemade bars if you are looking for an alternative to store bought that often contain a lot of additives.
Only 3 ingredients so you know exactly what you and your children are eating!
Peanut butter, banana and oat squares:
(adapted from superhealthykids.com)
- 4 medium banana
- 2 cups oat
- 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Grease 9” x 13” pan and preheat oven to 350
- Mix together mashed banana, oats and peanut butter.
- Add more oats as necessary to make the mixture the consistency of cookie dough (since all bananas aren’t the same size)
- Spread into the greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes (toothpick should come out clean when done)
- Cut and store in the fridge or freeze
Happy snacking in the sunshine!
Cut into bar shapes and wrap in parchment for school
Change up the nut butters for variety
Add pieces of nuts for crunch!
Want more healthy protein snacks ideas?
Ideas for high protein low carb foods?
How much salt per day should your child consume?
- Back to school – Getting Everyone Ready! - September 4, 2017
- 10 Best Sources of Non-Dairy Calcium - May 19, 2017
- Struggling With What To Make For Breakfast? Healthy Breakfast For Kids - March 19, 2017
- Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins - February 6, 2017
- How To Get The Kids Moving - July 21, 2016
- Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares - June 3, 2016
- Baking with Toddlers - March 1, 2016
- Sweet Potato and Spice Muffins - February 3, 2016
- Easy Meals for Toddlers - January 27, 2016
- Keep the Whole Family Active this Winter - November 27, 2015