Happy Mothers Day – A letter In Support Of All Moms
As a son and father I have the utmost respect for moms out there. You have arguably one of the toughest jobs in the world, and frankly one day to acknowledge this is not enough.
All in all parenting is a tough gig. For all the rewards that we have as parents there are often what seems to be an equal amount of frustration, sleep deprivation and aggravation. This goes for kids of all ages as my own mom constantly reminds me how much I aggravate her.
On this “the mother of all mail days” if I may quote Seinfeld, I want to take the time to acknowledge all Mom’s out there.
Moms you go through a lot, from all the changes that happen to your bodies during pregnancy, the delivery, and then after, it amazing to me how quickly you bounce back. Then there is the feeding, the crying, the diapers, the lack of sleep, that’s only the first few weeks. As the kids age, there are new challenges, trials, tribulations and successes that you take in stride and never break.
Moms you go through a lot, from all the changes that happen to your bodies during pregnancy, the delivery, and then after, it amazing to me how quickly you bounce back.
Moms you are powerful, courageous, patient, caring, loving, nurturing, understanding and all around amazing. What I find remarkable is the motherly instinct is never lost and this is true of multiple generations. I was fortunate to see my Grandmother with our eldest two boys. Despite suffering from dementia her motherly instinct to sing and play with our boys has given me memories I will cherish forever. When I watch my own mom and mother-in-law with our children, I see an awesome instinct of knowing what to do and how to handle situations like they have been doing it all along.
Moms you are powerful, courageous, patient, caring, loving, nurturing, understanding and all around amazing.
To every mother out there, I want to say thank you for all that you do for our children.
To the mother of my children, you are an amazing mom and partner. Watching you with the kids brings me endless hours of enjoyment. From all the boys and I, Happy Mother’s day.
Happy Mother’s Day Moms!
Show your mom you love her
Do this not just on Mother’s Day, but EVERY DAY!
- Need Good Dinner Recipes? My Favourite Burger Recipe - July 6, 2017
- Is Your Baby Not Sleeping, And Out Partying With You? Why Aren’t Your Kids In Bed? - February 11, 2016
- Dylan’s Birth Story From Dad’s Perspective - December 30, 2015
- Let’s Get Our Kids in the Kitchen - November 6, 2015
- As Dad, It’s My Right to Drive My Kids Crazy. Science Backs Me Up - October 13, 2015
- How to Encourage Exploratory Play… Without the Destruction - September 4, 2015
- The Time Ry Fell Asleep In The Exersaucer - August 14, 2015
- Don’t Want To Do Something Around Your House, Pawn It Off On Your Children And Make A Kids Chore Chart - August 10, 2015
- How To Foster Your Child’s Talents And Creative Thoughts - August 8, 2015
- How Do You Make French Toast? Our Best French Toast Recipe Shared! - July 25, 2015