How To Get The Kids Moving This Summer
I don’t know about you but this beautiful warm weather always inspires me to get outside and get moving! Exercise seems so much more appealing when the sun is shining and the weather is good. Getting the kids moving can be pretty easy too. Here are some tips to incorporate activity into our days.
Figure out what your children like and roll with it. Not all kids like competitive or team sports so figure out what they do like.
Schedule the time into the day so it isn’t negotiable. We all know that childhood obesity is on the rise and kids are spending too much time in front of the screens. Having time in the schedule for some movement is key to making it happen and getting them moving!
Let the kids take the lead and include what they would like. It helps ensure they are doing something they enjoy which will make it more fun for them.
4. Lead By Example
Lead by example. Like anything else if they see you exercising and leading an active lifestyle they are going to want to do the same.
IDEAS To Get The Kids Moving
It doesn’t matter what you do, just get the kids moving!
- Go for a bike ride
- Get them on their scooter
- Go for a hike – pick different trails each time and even bring along a little list of birds, insects, trees etc. to be found on the walk to make it more of a game.
- Kick or throw a ball around
- Enroll them in soccer, baseball, dance, karate, gymnastics(whatever they like)
- Hopscotch or skipping
- Game of tag
- Go for a walk or jog
The ideas are really endless this time of year and thanks to the sun setting later there is time to get out after dinner, which is beneficial for the whole family!
It gets everyone some fresh air and much needed vitamin D after a day likely spent sitting at a desk indoors, and it is so good for the soul!
Everything you need to know about SUN & SUNSCREEN
- Easy Meals for Toddlers - December 27, 2017
- Sweet Potato and Spice Muffins - December 12, 2017
- How to Be Friendly to Food Allergies on Halloween - October 17, 2017
- Back to school – Getting Everyone Ready! - September 4, 2017
- 10 Best Sources of Non-Dairy Calcium - May 19, 2017
- Struggling With What To Make For Breakfast? Healthy Breakfast For Kids - March 19, 2017
- Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins - February 6, 2017
- How To Get The Kids Moving - July 21, 2016
- Healthy Protein Snacks – PB, Banana and Oat Squares - June 3, 2016
- Baking with Toddlers - March 1, 2016