Easy Dessert Recipes For Kids – Dessert Tacos
I am always on the lookout for quick, simple and nutritious easy dessert recipes for kids. Bonus if my kids can help me do the baking. Dessert tacos are delicious and fun, and this recipe, modified from SuperHealthyKids.com fits the bill!
Your kids can help pick their favourite toppings, and it is healthy to boot!
Now is a great time to incorporate fresh berries into your child’s diet as they come into season. They are full of fibre and nutrients, and taste great!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 TBL oil (coconut oil is my fave, but canola or flax oil would work too)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet
- Cook until both sides are browned and middle is cooked through
- Fill with plain, Greek, or vanilla yogurt – a great source of calcium
- Add berries and roll.
Your children can choose their toppings – make it fun!
You can add nuts or seeds for added crunch and protein
Dairy free – use flax, almond or rice milk instead and dairy free yogurt
Gluten free – substitute wheat flour for gluten free flours (quinoa or coconut flour are great)
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - December 18, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - November 11, 2017
- How To Prevent Viral Infection Symptoms This Fall and Winter - November 8, 2017
- Child and Infant Ear Infections - November 7, 2017
- Flu Shot or Nasal Spray – Which to Choose? - November 4, 2017
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - November 2, 2017
- Febrile Seizures in Children – Not As Scary As You Think - November 1, 2017
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - October 22, 2017
- ‘13’ Halloween Safety Tips – The Quick and Dirty - October 15, 2017
- How to Teach Compassion to Your Kids - October 10, 2017