Delivery Essentials – Everything Moms-To-Be Need To Bring To The Hospital
When our parents were having children, when a woman went to the hospital to deliver, she brought her clothes and her partner. Often, they stayed in a hospital for a few days, and everything was provided for post partum care and baby’s care. Diapers, wipes, soothers, diaper cream, formula, and pads for mom were all readily available. My mom says they had a toiletry bag packed with hygiene products ready for her in her birthing suite, provided by the hospital.
Many birthing centres now require you to bring many of these supplies on your own.
Not so anymore. Many birthing centres now require you to bring many of these supplies on your own. Even food and drinks may be difficult to find if you deliver overnight or between meal times. When I delivered my second son, they told me they would not even provide me with the post partum donut, as I received one last time I gave birth. Like I knew I would need to keep that thing!
Armed with that information, here is my list of suggested items to bring to the hospital when you deliver:
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - November 11, 2017
- How To Prevent Viral Infection Symptoms This Fall and Winter - November 8, 2017
- Child and Infant Ear Infections - November 7, 2017
- Flu Shot or Nasal Spray – Which to Choose? - November 4, 2017
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - November 2, 2017
- Febrile Seizures in Children – Not As Scary As You Think - November 1, 2017
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - October 22, 2017
- ‘13’ Halloween Safety Tips – The Quick and Dirty - October 15, 2017
- How to Teach Compassion to Your Kids - October 10, 2017
- 6 Ways To Get Your Kids Excited for Back To School - September 3, 2017