Could You Miss The Symptoms Of Early Pregnancy And Not Even Know You’re Expecting?!
How Can You Not Know You’re Pregnant?!
A recent story broke about a woman going into labour on flight from B.C. to Japan. Without even knowing she was even pregnant, she miraculously delivered a healthy term baby girl thanks to the help of three on-flight physicians.
How is it even possible that she could be so pregnant and not even know? Well actually, this happens often enough.
How is it even possible that she could be so pregnant and not even know? Well actually, this happens often enough. I personally have two patients who share a similar story. Both were in their final trimester, gaining weight and with growing bellies, which they mistook for growing fibroids. On ultrasound of these “fibroids” they were told they were pregnant. They were shocked and excited and went on to deliver healthy babies at term.
I am pretty jealous to tell the truth. For me, pregnancy is nerve-racking and exhausting and seemingly endless. I would feel fortunate to pass the whole nine months in oblivion. Although I don’t recommend skipping regular visits to your healthcare provider if you think you are pregnant or if you are pregnant.
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - October 14, 2017
- How to Teach Compassion to Your Kids - October 10, 2017
- How To Prevent Viral Infection Symptoms This Fall and Winter - October 8, 2017
- 6 Ways To Get Your Kids Excited for Back To School - September 3, 2017
- Backpacks for Back To School – How To Pick The Best One - August 31, 2017
- Garden Safety for Toddlers - July 25, 2017
- Splinter Removal Made Easy - July 22, 2017
- Inner Ear Problems? From Ear Wax? - July 21, 2017
- How To Discipline A Toddler – Do Timeouts Work? - July 8, 2017
- Healthy Drinks For Kids – Does Juice Count? - June 25, 2017