Could You Miss The Symptoms Of Early Pregnancy And Not Even Know You’re Expecting?!
How Can You Not Know You’re Pregnant?!
A recent story broke about a woman going into labour on flight from B.C. to Japan. Without even knowing she was even pregnant, she miraculously delivered a healthy term baby girl thanks to the help of three on-flight physicians.
How is it even possible that she could be so pregnant and not even know? Well actually, this happens often enough.
How is it even possible that she could be so pregnant and not even know? Well actually, this happens often enough. I personally have two patients who share a similar story. Both were in their final trimester, gaining weight and with growing bellies, which they mistook for growing fibroids. On ultrasound of these “fibroids” they were told they were pregnant. They were shocked and excited and went on to deliver healthy babies at term.
I am pretty jealous to tell the truth. For me, pregnancy is nerve-racking and exhausting and seemingly endless. I would feel fortunate to pass the whole nine months in oblivion. Although I don’t recommend skipping regular visits to your healthcare provider if you think you are pregnant or if you are pregnant.
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017
- Tricks To Manage Your Child’s Next Cold - January 17, 2017
- Stye In Eye? What Is A Stye Anyway? - January 14, 2017
- Kidney And Bladder Infection In Kids – Signs & Symptoms - January 13, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - January 9, 2017
- How To Reduce A Fever And Maintain Normal Baby Temperature Safely - January 7, 2017
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - January 6, 2017
- 5 Ways To Treat Viral Infection Symptoms This Season - December 14, 2016
- Food To Avoid When Pregnant – Even That Yummy Cookie Dough! - December 13, 2016