Seriously, this Brocoli Smoothie Tastes So Good – Try It!
Brocoli smoothie you say? .. Broccoli is not the first food that comes to mind when craving a delicious smoothie. The key is to balance out this sometimes bitter tasting vegetable with sweet fruit.
Broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamin C – a cup of this veggie packs in as much as is in a small orange.
Try this recipe out and sneak in some veggies for yourself and your family!
(Serves 1 – or cut the recipe in half for a kid’s smoothie):
4 raw broccoli florets
4 frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 scoop unflavored whey powder (you can use hemp or pea protein powder instead if you are vegan)
Brocoli Smoothie Nutritional Info:
- Calories 491
- Fat 20 g (2 g saturated fat)
- Carbohydrates 51 g
- Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 31 g
- Vitamin C 191%/Vitamin A 64%/Calcium 66%/Iron 16%
We have more great snack recipes, here’s one; Grab & Go Snacks for the kids.
- Keeping Your Children Safe During the Holiday Season - December 15, 2017
- Facts About Breastfeeding and Weight Loss - February 2, 2017
- What’s The Big Deal With Vitamin D? - December 19, 2016
- Do You Know If Your Child Is Obese? - September 21, 2016
- Rainy Weather In The Forecast? 4 Ways to Keep Active Indoors - June 5, 2016
- Shhh! Don’t tell anyone – this smoothie has broccoli AND it tastes good! - May 9, 2016
- Veggies AND Dessert for Breakfast? Try This Delicious Smoothie and Have Both! - March 27, 2016
- Is Your Child At Risk For High Cholesterol? - February 28, 2016
- What is Childhood Diabetes - November 11, 2015