6 Ways to Bust Back To School Jitters?
I can’t believe my oldest son, Dylan, is starting Junior Kindergarten this year and my youngest is starting pre-nursery. Despite the fact I still call them my babies, the truth is they are growing up. I think most parents feel this way; I remember my parents shedding a tear or two when they dropped me off both for undergrad and medical school! Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Some parents, my husband and I included, are eager to ship their kid off to school. I am enthusiastic about them gaining independence, learning and being stimulated in a supportive environment. Will I miss them? Sure. But they will be happier if they are busy and engaged.
I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
Some children need more time to get in the proper mindset of heading back to the classroom. I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
Read my “back to school” article on tips for parents and kids alike to get excited about the school year.
- How To Discipline A Toddler – Do Timeouts Work? - July 8, 2017
- Healthy Drinks For Kids – Does Juice Count? - June 25, 2017
- How to Find the Best Doctors for Your Family - June 22, 2017
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017
- Tricks To Manage Your Child’s Next Cold - January 17, 2017
- Stye In Eye? What Is A Stye Anyway? - January 14, 2017
- Kidney And Bladder Infection In Kids – Signs & Symptoms - January 13, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - January 9, 2017
- How To Reduce A Fever And Maintain Normal Baby Temperature Safely - January 7, 2017