6 Ways to Bust Back To School Jitters?
I can’t believe my oldest son, Dylan, is starting Junior Kindergarten this year and my youngest is starting pre-nursery. Despite the fact I still call them my babies, the truth is they are growing up. I think most parents feel this way; I remember my parents shedding a tear or two when they dropped me off both for undergrad and medical school! Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Some parents, my husband and I included, are eager to ship their kid off to school. I am enthusiastic about them gaining independence, learning and being stimulated in a supportive environment. Will I miss them? Sure. But they will be happier if they are busy and engaged.
I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
Some children need more time to get in the proper mindset of heading back to the classroom. I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
Read my “back to school” article on tips for parents and kids alike to get excited about the school year.
- 6 Ways To Get Your Kids Excited for Back To School - September 3, 2017
- Backpacks for Back To School – How To Pick The Best One - August 31, 2017
- Garden Safety for Toddlers - July 25, 2017
- Splinter Removal Made Easy - July 22, 2017
- Inner Ear Problems? From Ear Wax? - July 21, 2017
- How To Discipline A Toddler – Do Timeouts Work? - July 8, 2017
- Healthy Drinks For Kids – Does Juice Count? - June 25, 2017
- How to Find the Best Doctors for Your Family - June 22, 2017
- Going Into Labor for the First Time – Dr. Dina’s Story - February 4, 2017
- Toddler Tantrums, How to Survive Them – Part 2 - February 3, 2017