6 Ways to Bust Back To School Jitters?
I can’t believe my oldest son, Dylan, is starting Junior Kindergarten this year and my youngest is starting pre-nursery. Despite the fact I still call them my babies, the truth is they are growing up. I think most parents feel this way; I remember my parents shedding a tear or two when they dropped me off both for undergrad and medical school! Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Some parents, my husband and I included, are eager to ship their kid off to school. I am enthusiastic about them gaining independence, learning and being stimulated in a supportive environment. Will I miss them? Sure. But they will be happier if they are busy and engaged.
I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
Some children need more time to get in the proper mindset of heading back to the classroom. I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
Read my “back to school” article on tips for parents and kids alike to get excited about the school year.
- What Is Whooping Cough (Pertussis)? What Is The Whooping Cough Sound? - February 7, 2018
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - December 18, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - November 11, 2017
- How To Prevent Viral Infection Symptoms This Fall and Winter - November 8, 2017
- Child and Infant Ear Infections - November 7, 2017
- Flu Shot or Nasal Spray – Which to Choose? - November 4, 2017
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - November 2, 2017
- Febrile Seizures in Children – Not As Scary As You Think - November 1, 2017
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - October 22, 2017
- ‘13’ Halloween Safety Tips – The Quick and Dirty - October 15, 2017