6 Ways To Get Your Kids Excited for Back To School
I can’t believe my oldest son, Dylan, is starting Junior Kindergarten this year and my youngest is starting pre-nursery. Despite the fact I still call them my babies, the truth is they are growing up. I think most parents feel this way; I remember my parents shedding a tear or two when they dropped me off both for undergrad and medical school! Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Each September brings the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, which seems to approach sooner and sooner as they grow up.
Some parents, my husband and I included, are eager to ship their kid off to school. I am enthusiastic about them gaining independence, learning and being stimulated in a supportive environment. Will I miss them? Sure. But they will be happier if they are busy and engaged.
Will I miss them? Sure. But they will be happier if they are busy and engaged.
I was the kind of kid waiting for my parents to drive me to school 15 minutes or more before they were ready to leave. I couldn’t get enough of learning, even doing projects that were never assigned to me, just to be ‘forced’ to study a topic I knew nothing about. Nerdy, right? But my kids and I are the exception, not the rule. Many parents and kids suffer anxiety around back to school.
Some children need more time to get in the proper mindset of heading back to the classroom. I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
I think with the right preparation most kids can feel eager to head back to the schoolyard.
- What Is Whooping Cough (Pertussis)? What Is The Whooping Cough Sound? - February 7, 2018
- How to Check Children’s Temperature Correctly - December 18, 2017
- Tips For Optimal (And Safe) Baby Sleep - November 11, 2017
- How To Prevent Viral Infection Symptoms This Fall and Winter - November 8, 2017
- Child and Infant Ear Infections - November 7, 2017
- Flu Shot or Nasal Spray – Which to Choose? - November 4, 2017
- Scared of the Flu? You Should Be! - November 2, 2017
- Febrile Seizures in Children – Not As Scary As You Think - November 1, 2017
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - October 22, 2017
- ‘13’ Halloween Safety Tips – The Quick and Dirty - October 15, 2017